Libby Pratt

Life on a French Farm

lundi, février 28, 2005

Yahoooooo!

I called Roger this morning. He thought I was calling because I had received a letter he had sent me detailing the ongoing mess that is our water canal. But I hadn't.

Roger and the neighbors, managed to divert the water from our basin into a small bypass canal that sends the water into the river. Now the water is not coming into our basin and it isn't going to the Count's basin either.

The blacksmith claims that our "gate" that we would like to open to drain our basin, while still letting water flow to the Count, will not open because it it broken. And he can't work on the gate because there is still a lot of water in our basin. I suspect he just doesn't want to leave his cozy forge and work outside in the wet and the below freezing weather.

So I just purchased a plane ticket to fly out next week and sort out the mess.

However, after I purchased the ticket, I remembered that the Paris Agricultural Show, the creme de la creme of county and state fairs was going on the beginning of March. UNFORTUNATELY, it ends the 6th of March. I couldn't find a reasonably priced ticket that left before the 6th of March.

I cannot express how disappointed I am that I would be able to see the chic sheep. But I am thrilled to be flying to France for a short visit to my own sheep.

2 Comments:

At mars 02, 2005 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hi Libby,
Just pray that when your time comes, you will fall briskly off a horse, be hit by the TGV, or smash your head barrelling down MT Ventoux on a bike. I am in the unenviable position of knowing that I don't have much time left, and have so many people to apoligize to. So here goes. I am so sorry that I lost your friendship as a result of my surgical residency induced psychosis. Inhumane treatment breeds the same. It gives me great joy to know that you have found a nice Jewish boy, that you now vote for Democrats and that you question the absolutes that you found unshakeable as an undergrad. I've missed you.
Leslie Sullivan

 
At mars 04, 2005 7:46 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Dear Leslie,

I was both happy and saddened to receive your message. I tried to hunt you down via the internet and by calling your parent's home, but couldn't find your e-mail address and no one answered at your parents (if I do have the correct M. Sullivan). Please send a message to libbypratt@yahoo.com so that we may get back in touch.
Hugs, Libby

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home