Libby Pratt

Life on a French Farm

lundi, mars 07, 2005

Vive la Revolution!

Yesterday, I made orangesicle sorbet . . . here's the fantastic recipe, with no fat and only three tablespoons of sugar . . . and if you want to omit the sugar, substitute Stevia:

1 1/2 cups orange juice concentrate, defrosted
3 cups non-fat milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 tablespoons sugar

Mix up the ingredients together then throw them in your ice cream machine, and voila, you have a wonderful low-calorie dessert -- only 124 calories per half cup serving.

I find it surprisingly empowering to have an ice cream machine. I can control the fat and the sugar, and I'm not dependent upon a factory for my ice cream. I have the freedom to create the flavors I want and I have control over the ingredients, choosing hormone-free milk, and organic fruit.

1 Comments:

At mars 07, 2005 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hmmmmm, just the other day you mentioned that the ice cream machine was Craig's birthday gift from you, and yet... your descriptions of its use all involve your own glee over possessing such a machine... Hopefully, you are using it to create some flavors for his enjoyment, too!? ;-)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home