Libby Pratt

Life on a French Farm

vendredi, janvier 27, 2006

Le Bibliotheque

The Husband will be THRILLED, absolutely THRILLED to learn that I am now the proud holder of a library card from our little village.

The bibliotheque is only open four half-days a week.
The librarian is very young, good-looking, and vibrant.
I was very impressed by the selection of books. After perusing the abundant selection, I came to the conclusion that the 4,000 inhabitants of the village must be quite smart.

The card cost me 12 Euros for an annual subscription. The three books I checked out (that's the limit) are: Ancient French Country Architecture, an adult "comic" book about the Revolution, and a John Grisham novel in French . . . I find that POPULAR American novels which have been translated into French, are much easier for me to read than French Novels. French novels are packed with useless nuance and too many big words and historical references of which I know nothing.


For those of you following my autobiography, I have finished the first complete draft of my mystery novel this week, and have already started the massive revision. If anyone would like to volunteer for editing duty . . .let me know. And no, the butler didn't do it.