Libby Pratt

Life on a French Farm

mardi, janvier 24, 2006


Beau is on the viewer's left. He's the lucky little buck who was saved from the slaughterhouse and assigned to knock up my ewes. I caught him nuzzling Blanche's face this afternoon so he's making progress on that formidable front . . .he's quite the little Pepe LePhew.

Sometime this spring, he'll have to be taken away from the flock . . .and he'll be a lot bigger and brawnier then(he's already bigger than this two month old photo). So we've been doing "cuddle therapy" each day. I'm trying to get him to bond with me so that I'll be able to control him . . .and he'll be content to go with me on walks in the woods without his flock and their little lambs.

He's quite the sweetie and loves to be hugged and have his stomach rubbed. I guess the way to a man's heart really is through his stomach!

There's something really fun about hugging sheep . . . perhaps I need some sort of therapy for admitting that.