Libby Pratt

Life on a French Farm

vendredi, mars 11, 2005

BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN . . .

I called our attorney yesterday and she happily informed me that we prevailed in the Count's lawsuit!!!!

Thanks to all of you . . . to all our French friends who cheered us on and patiently listened to our complaints, and to our American friends who have been so bored with hearing our saga at every dinner for the past three years . . .special thanks to Colin who often took the initiative to be supportive without me first harranguing him with the topic.

Yesterday, before I knew the result, I was proudly explaining to Roger what an avoue is . . . a special attorney that only makes pleadings at the appellate court . . .and then Roger replied, that he hoped that I wouldn't have to learn the word for an attorney that practices in front of France's equivalent of the U.S. Supreme Court.

I had another great experience here in France: it was the first time that I felt immense joy speaking with an attorney on the telephone!