Libby Pratt

Life on a French Farm

lundi, janvier 16, 2006

My Own Personal Haj . . .







Yesterday, I made the mistake of giving the sheep their afternoon feeding a little too early . . .so this morning, I was greeted by Blanche standing at the gate waiting for me. It was clear from the way her mouth was set, hard and pouty, that she was displeased.

When I opened the gate, she tried to push me out of the way in a bold attempt to escape and find a pasture. The other sheep joined in by bunching up beside and behind her.

And they all pushed.

So I had a BOUCHON of major proportions

It's difficult to wrestle a 200lb plus sheep.

Speaking of sheep, here's what the U.S. Democrat Senator Sheep are allowing to happen in their country . . .

The administration's behavior shows how high and immediate the stakes are
in the Alito nomination, and how urgent it is for Congress to curtail Mr. Bush's
expansion of power. Nothing in the national consensus to combat terrorism after
9/11 envisioned the unilateral rewriting of more than 200 years of tradition and
law by one president embarked on an ideological crusade.