Libby Pratt

Life on a French Farm

mercredi, février 22, 2006

"WhattheH said...
You might run into a problem with separating Blanche from Beau. While your other half may be correct, and Beau will follow his male instincts, it may also backfire. Beau may be so involved with Blanche, that no other can satisfy his desires. What to do, what to do? Keep us informed. I'm rooting for Blanche - okay, I'll admit it, as an old lady, Blanche is my favourite. "

WhattheH, You have a valid point . . .and far be it from me to try and deny an old woman her boy-toy. I'm in quite the spot. Last week, I read an advertisement for a 10-month-old buck for sale. I called the owner, but it was during the big snow storm so I couldn't drive out to see the buck for two days.

The delay made me decide not to buy the other buck now, because I need to know who the father of each lamb is so that I don't mate the daughters to the father the following year; and there's no need to feed an extra mouth until I require his services.

The IDEAL situation would be for Beau to not be attached solely to Blanche, and follow the path of traditional male randiness and mate with the other girls . . .within a short time frame. The Husband will not be happy to have lambs coming at different intervals throughout the summer . . . especially when I tell him that he's the one who's in charge of birthing!

I should go out and purchase a chalk bag to attach to Beau's stomach so that he marks the girls when he mounts them. Or better yet, install a web cam in the bergerie to watch what's actually going on . . .I bet I'd have a lot of traffic at my blog then!

2 Comments:

At février 22, 2006 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Libby, good luck, and don't forget to post. Genetics is such a problem, but I find it delightful that you have recognized the potential issues associated with inbreeding. You've done your homework - Bravo. I hope your other half recognizes what a gem he has.

 
At février 22, 2006 8:45 PM, Blogger Libby said...

WhatTheH . . .oh, he realizes it . . .as I remind him every day.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home