Libby Pratt

Life on a French Farm

mercredi, juillet 26, 2006

Latour C.S.I.

Last night, the Husband and I walked the perimeter of the sheep pastures looking for clues to the disappearance of Marley. We found tufts of wool everywhere, but they were dirty and long so they weren't Marley's.

I joked that we were stuck in a "boring" episode of C.S.I. No fancy editing or hip music to make our plight seem exciting.

This morning, I returned from my bike ride, feelin g relaxed even though I had cycled 28km in very hot weather.

The Husband walked in the kitchen, fresh from his irrigating duties and reported, "I found a remnant of Marley."

"What part?" I calmly asked as I wolfed down a giant piece of fresh bread.

"The lower part of his leg. I stuck it up in the tree so you can inspect it if you want."

"I don't know if I want to," I replied. Then I added, "Maybe I'll take a photo of it for my blog. I don't have any photos of Marley."